Prometheus PCB Milling Machine
THIS ITEM IS BACK-ORDERED. You can order now to reserve yours. We are shipping units as they are built and fulfilling pre-order customers first. You will be charged immediately, at the time of your order.
You want to create new and interesting things - maybe for research, or education, or for your business. We want to do the same. What we don't want is to wait days (or even weeks) to receive a PCB delivery from a traditional manufacturer. The Prometheus PCB milling machine can make those boards for you in minutes. A single-sided board could take between 5 to 30 minutes and a double-sided board with drilled holes and a routed edge could take between 60 to 90 minutes (depending on the design). You'll do more prototyping and less waiting by using Prometheus to make the boards yourself. Imagine that. Circuit boards that you make, in-house.
- Durable, all-metal construction (aluminum and stainless steel) with a hard coat anodized shell.
- Our own Zippy Robotics spindle, that runs at 50,000 RPM and has a runout smaller than 2.5 microns
- Anti-backlash lead nuts on X and Y.
- Zippy Robotics control board inside with updatable firmware.
- Digital precision of 0.00015625" (4 microns) in X and Y, and just 1.25 microns in Z.
- Free Zippy Robotics control software called ProCAM, to take industry-standard Gerber files of your designs and make them. Exclusively for Prometheus.
- Surface tracking enables consistent results in cutting depth.
- Create designs with surface mount chip packages like TQFP, LQFP, SOIC, SOP, SSOP, TSSOP, DFN, QFN, SC70, SOT23, and many more.
- High maximum feed rate of 3,800 mm/min
Why is Prometheus the best price-performance ratio?
Simply put, when comparing similarly-priced machines our spindle is 2X-5X faster, and our spindle runout is 10X-30X smaller. Because of this, our feed rates can be higher even with small diameter tooling that would otherwise break in other machines.
Alternatively, machines that do compete with Prometheus on specs can cost 3X-4X more. Plus, we intend to widen that gap even further with upgrades and add-ons that are in the works.
Imagine the satisfaction of holding in your hands the board you made, shaving days off of your development time. Prometheus is the tool for that.
Please note that Prometheus's spindle has special bit requirements and so we have our bits custom-made. They are .125" nominal, but in reality they must measure 0.12479" +0.00008/-0.00009". Typical off-the-shelf bits will be slightly larger than the maximum allowable shank diameter and will not enter the spindle. Under no circumstances should you force a bit into the spindle. This will damage it.
You can order official bits directly from us. Our end mills are likely cheaper than the market rate anyway, and they are carbide tools made in the US.
You'll never stop innovating, and neither will we.
Questions? Get in touch - we're here to help.
*For international customs purposes, the Prometheus mill itself is $2,839.20. However, the included accessories (power cord, USB cable, starter pack of bits, etc.) combined with the machine make up the total retail price of $2,992.